Habitat for Humanity works with God and people everywhere, from all walks of life, to develop communities with people in need by building and renovating houses so that there are decent houses in decent communities in which every person can experience God’s love and can live and grow into all that God intends.
- Income must be within 45% to 60% of median income of county.
- Applicants must be a legal citizen.
- Applicants must have adequate income to make mortgage payments along with current debts.
- Long term debt shall not exceed 40% of applicants gross income.
- Applicants must have satisfactory credit history and references.
- Applicants must demonstrate a need for adequate housing. (ie. overcrowded, dilapidated, unsafe).
- Applicants must not be eligible for low income housing loans from other lenders.
- Applicants required to cooperate with entire application process.
- Applicants must complete 300 hours of sweat equity hours before house closing.
- Applicants must complete 100 hours of sweat equity hours on construction.
- Approved applicant must pay for the actual cost of the home. May be over a 30 year period, interest free. HFH affiliate hold first mortgage position and house cannot be sold by applicant until all financial obligations have been satisfied under the guidelines of HFHI.